Written by Andrea Scoseria Katz (Washington University in St. Louis), this chapter explores the following questions:
– What is a constitution?
– Who writes the constitution? Who should?
– What do courts do?
– What are the main differences in how national court systems are structured?
– What is judicial review and why is it important?
– What functions do constitutional courts perform, specifically?
– How is the content of rights defined? By whom?
– Why should we obey a constitution?
– What tools do The People have to change constitutional meaning?